We are always looking for talented "copywriters" to become guest authors for our WordPress blog. In our eyes, successful guest posts that add real value to our readers' WordPress experience are always data-driven and interestingly crafted. Our guidelines below explain the requirements your guest post should meet to be published on our blog.
Your contribution should include
Your guest post in our WordPress blog can cover all exciting topics around WordPress, online marketing topics like SEO/SEA, Google Ads, web design or hosting.
We welcome your proposals on current topics with a well thought-out and original concept. Please make sure to avoid duplicating topics in your proposal. Our blog should not yet contain a contribution on exactly this topic. We want to offer our readers a broad spectrum so that all visitors can get the most added value from the blog.
Note: If you would like to become a guest author for an article, you should coordinate the topic with us before writing the text. This way, we want to make sure that you don't waste time on a text that we can't publish afterwards. As a guest author, you will be provided with sparring partners who will be happy to support you in finding a topic for your contribution.
Guest authors are particularly appreciated by our readers for the following content:
- Step-by-step instructions
- Checklists that are thought through to the smallest detail
- Tips, tricks or magic tricks on specific areas
- The best XY 2021 - for example plugins for WordPress
- Detailed analyses
Become a guest author for WPspace and reach exciting people! Our target audience of content is WordPress professionals, web designers, online marketers, hosting specialists and all those who want to become one. Please consider the target group when formulating your texts. Beginners and laymen should also be able to understand your text and get added value from it. And please do this without googling for the reader.
Reader-friendly structure and appropriate word count
The length of your contribution should be at least 2000 words. There are virtually no upper limits. However, the article should not be unnecessarily drawn out so that it seems bloated. Instead, use the length of the article to add value for the reader, for example through exciting facts, analyses or comparisons.
For a reader-friendly structure, please insert a new content element, such as an image, video, infographic, GIF or similar, regularly (approx. every 350 words: where it fits). This not only loosens up the text, but also captivates the "lazy readers".
Please avoid too convoluted sentences, word repetitions and "man" sentences. Often these sentences just don't sound nice and lead to an unround overall result.
(An)Language and technical terms:
Becoming a guest author only works in German, because all our contributions are written in German . We know that technical terms are often used in English. You don't have to reinvent the wheel here and can of course use them in your guest article.
We always address our readers as "you" in our articles. In addition, we always capitalise You, You, Your and You when addressing the reader directly. Alternatively, you can also use the neutral spelling.
- This is not a permanent advertisement. Therefore, we set the maximum to one link in the body of the text to your website per post.
- Please always refer to your sources in your contribution. The source reference is always given after the (ab)sentence that refers to the content of the source, in the following format: (Source: wpspace.de)
- We do not accept any kind of insults, unfounded criticism, racism or similar in our posts.
- WPspace is not a link building platform
- To prevent duplicate content, your post for the WPSpace blog must not be published in parallel on another blog. It does not matter whether it is your own blog or that of a competitor.
Here's what else you should know as a guest author
After successful publication of your contribution in our blog, we regularly check the contributions to ensure that they are up-to-date. We reserve the right to adapt, edit and update your post. This also includes the addition of call-to-actions to other WPspace content.
In order to become a guest author for your first contribution, we need the following things from you in addition to your guest contribution as a Word file:
- Separately from the Word document, we need the images, graphics and screenshots for your contribution. The format of your graphics should ideally be SVG, alternatively you can also send us JPGs. Please make sure that the images are of good quality. In order for us to be able to include these images in your guest post, they must be free of third-party rights.
- We will create a personal profile for you as a guest author. For this, we need your personal author description (up to 700 characters including spaces). Use your profile and inform visitors about your expertise.
- Become a guest author with a face. To give our readers a personal impression of you, we would be happy to add a picture to your author profile. To do this, we need a picture of you for your author profile that is free of third-party rights.
- Links to your personal or company profiles on social media, all of which we link to in your author profile.
All our guest authors will be added to the overview after the publication of their first post. So if you are planning a second post for WPspace, all we need from you is the text and the corresponding graphics.
Become a guest author and enjoy benefits
We attach great importance to working together as partners. And because we know that an article is not just written in passing, we offer you exclusive benefits.
- Your personal author profile. Your author profile contains a link of your choice, your picture and a detailed personal and/or company description of up to 700 characters (including spaces).
- 100% free publication of your contribution
- Your contribution will be SEO-optimised free of charge
- Strong visibility of your contribution throughout Germany
- New posts automatically appear on our blog
- Our readers are informed about new blog posts via our blog newsletter
- Exciting exchange under your post with nice readers from the industry
- We'll share your post across our social media channels for more visibility and reach
- There is no limit to the number of posts you can make to WPspace.
- Use the link to your contribution for your personal press work or as a reference
Become a guest author for WPspace - the procedure
If you would like to become a guest author, simply register via our contact form. In addition to the classic points such as name and email address, we are also interested in who you are and what you do. Describe yourself in a few sentences so that we can get a first impression of you.
After we have checked your "Become a guest author" registration, we will arrange a short phone call to get to know you. Because we prefer to get to know everyone who becomes a guest author with us a little better in a short telephone conversation. During the conversation, we can already discuss possible topics and brainstorm together about which topics would suit you and our visitors.
If we have not yet decided on a topic, you can simply send us suggestions by email. We will discuss your suggestions in the team and then let you know the final topic.
Then you can get started as a guest author! You can start writing your guest article without any time pressure. As soon as you are happy with your first draft, send it to us as a Word file. Our SEO specialists and content writers will then send you feedback. This will ensure that your post ranks as high as possible in Google and gets the visibility it deserves.
We look forward to seeing you!
The entire WPspace team is already pleased that you would like to become a guest author. As already mentioned, we see our guest authors as partners at eye level. That's why we are excited about what we can learn from your expertise and value your input very much.
Do you have any questions about how you can become a guest author or which topics are suitable for our WordPress blog? Then please contact your personal contact person Isabell directly: firstname.lastname@example.org